View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 01:39 PM
Kris Sweck@rd

Default Sold: 1907 Type I Photo - Hilltop Park Game Action: Detroit vs. Highlanders

For sale: 1907 Type I original photo taken during a game between the Detroit Tigers and New York Highlanders. The game matchups and linescores shown on the scoreboard allowed me to pinpoint the date to July 30, 1907. At the time the photo was taken, the Tigers were up, 2-1, with the Highlanders at bat in the bottom of the 4th inning. The Tigers shows are Catcher Boss Schmidt, 3rd baseman Bill Coughlin, and LF Fielder Jones. The Highlanders batter is either Jimmy Williams, Frank LaPorte, or Ira Thomas (the three right handed batters in the 4th inning). The umpire is Hall of Famer Tom Connolly.

The photo measures approximately 3 3/4" x 5" and is in nice condition, with just a small corner clip in the lower left and a small crease in the lower right corner, along with normal photo bends. Period handwriting on the back identifies the teams, location (address of Hilltop Park) and incorrectly identifies the year as 1908 (actually 1907).
SOLD delivered, with payment by PayPal Friends/Family or check. Please PM or email kris.sweckard@sbcglobal.net

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img180.jpg (77.5 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg img181.jpg (83.4 KB, 224 views)

Last edited by Kris19; 08-28-2019 at 09:46 PM.