View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 10:16 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
I think they are interpreting Jeff correctly. I think Jeff feels that we allowed Mastro to do what he did without anybody really doing anything (and even sticking up for him) and we continue to allow people with blatant fraudulent pasts to be the lead at many of the major auction houses and some of the biggest dealers. Some of the principle owners of auction houses have done time in jail/prison, others have a checkered past ripping off people through print/tv, others were even part of the Mastro shenanigans only to be re-hired by other companies to do the same job they had a hard time doing ethically in the past.
So the hobby is so dirty and corrupt that it's beyond redemption and doesn't deserve the protection of the legal system, is that it? A cesspool of criminal activity with the collusion and consent of most of the big players? What would you estimate the % of the dirty part to the good part? And if I could get personal for a second, if it's this bad, why are you involved in it? For that matter, why is Jeff? After 40 years in the hobby, I honestly had no idea it was like that, now you've got me rethinking everything.

Last edited by Hankphenom; 10-02-2018 at 10:18 PM.