View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 10:31 AM
Ben

Default Show us your Cobbs

Growing up I thought that I’d never own the cards I have today! I would go to the local card shop each week and spend about $50/week. I would still go to the card shop into my late 20’s! I really didn’t have a collection that had a focus. I just would buy whatever looked cool. I always loved vintage baseball cards. The way the looked compared to modern day cards were fascinating to me.

Almost two years ago, I came across Orlando Rodriguez on Instagram. His collection was amazing. He helped me with refocusing my collection. I stopped going to the card shop. I didn’t spend the $50 each week at the card shop. I sold off my whole collection. I started first by selling the cards I could live without. That was easy. But it was hard at first to sell rookie cards of the likes of Pete Rose, Nolan Ryan, Ernie Banks, Hank Aaron, Pete Maravich, etc. Eventually I sold them as well. I started over. It was hard.

I started to then focus on Ty Cobb. I tried to buy the best card that I could afford with the money I made off of selling my other cards.

My first Cobb was purchased in June of 2017. It was the T206 Piedmont Portrait Green Background SGC 35. So, in a little over one year and 3 months I have gathered these 7 Cobb’s pictured here.

My next Cobb card will most likely be an E95 or a T227!

Oh and by the way, Thanks Orlando. You have made all of the difference!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by VintageBen; 06-26-2018 at 12:55 PM.