View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 01:46 PM
Cha.rles He.nry

In the 1990's right before and in the beginning of PSA card grading, quite a few big card dealers were opposed to the idea of card grading. Very few collectors had computers and there was no Ebay. SCD was a source for many including myself to buy cards. Some dealers would put their cards in holders and put a tamperproof sticker across the opening so if you wanted to inspect the cards there was no returning the cards because the seal was broken. Many trimmed and cards that had creases were sold that way. TC Card Co was the most honest dealer of all my dealings through SCD. When he said a card was NM/MT it was. Do any of you guys remember those days?
As a side note I was at the 1989? show in Atlantic City. In the elevator one guy was telling another "We're going to have a good show, I'm going to make the T cards Mint" The card graders are not prefect, but you are much better off with them than without them in my opinion. Trimming was rampant before them.
To the brothers starting the new auction company: You have to have all the cards graded nowadays; all signed pieces too. Everything has to be graded; that's just how it's done. Good Luck.