View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 09:19 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
David - The thing is Native Americans were nearly wiped out, they continued to be oppressed and struggle to present day. I don't think its about minority, its more about learning to respect this group in general. Sure the cowboy logo looks silly, but I don't remember cowboys being treated the same way in the past as Native Americans were and are today having families ripped apart and "socialized"...hell, most true cowboys still live today as they did some time ago.
Debatable. What happened to the Native Americans was atrocious, more violent, and blatant, but comparisons can be drawn. Between government overreach, regulations, land grabs, etc., "cowboys" have been forced to socialize to an extent. I would definitely argue that they cannot live today as they did some time ago, with the constant war on the 2nd Amendment/firearms, regulations on farming, taxes, and land grabs. Look no further than the Bundy's and their dispute with the government land grab. Like I said, it's not as broad, violent, or blatant, but comparisons are there. I identify more as a "country" person, with lots of my friends sharing that in common. None of us find the term "redneck" as offensive, and actually use it quite often ourselves, despite its intended derogatory origins/nature. Maybe we should choose to find it offensive and raise hell?

The point of bringing up the Cowboys', Celtics', and Notre Dame logos is if we look hard enough, we can find offense in all aspects of life, regardless of demographic size.

By the way, how was it ok for Bomani Jones, or whatever the hell his name is from ESPN, to wear a Caucasians shirt in response to Chief Wahoo?

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 01-30-2018 at 09:38 AM.