View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 07:17 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
The beauty (and, to be completely honest, the ridiculousness) of this thread is that every single one of us saw these 4 new HOF'ers (and Edgar) play throughout their entire careers. I doubt anyone here is young enough to have missed watching these guys from their early MLB beginnings. We all have a ton of first-hand knowledge regarding everyone (through ESPN and other cable stations, daily internet highlight videos, etc.), and that is beautiful!!! Since the all time greats (Cobb, Ruth, Robinson, etc., etc.) are held up almost as mythological figures by us these days, it's funny to think how many arguments swirled around each of them when they were up for induction.
I doubt there were arguments about those guys, just as there were no real arguments about guys like Griffey, Ripken, Maddux, Schmidt, whoever. I suspect players on the cusp have always been the subject of some controversy.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.