View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 11:04 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Our fellow board member with the Japanese related auction house had an awesome set up. Really cool stuff. And someone had a booth of all Cuban stuff which was nice to see. Not the usual stuff. Did not see a lot of Negro league or Women's league stuff, but I blew threw pretty quick and may have missed it.

Some dealers shoot themselves in the foot but just having way too much stuff shoved in piles and all over other stuff. Hard to see sometime what the heck people actually have. Most dealers are smart enough though to put their best stuff in the dead center of their display case.

One thing that seriously irked me yesterday on a few occasions is guys who show up with a bag of cards to try to sell and then proceed to dump all their stuff on top of one of the dealers cases and negotiate at length over why their cards are worth a lot. I realize this is some folks idea of fun, and more power to you, but why would a dealer let you take over one of his areas for 40 minutes to bicker over trades. Seems stupid from the dealer's perspective if people can't see what the hell you are selling.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 07-28-2017 at 11:11 AM.