View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 04:48 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
You are not necessarily buying the holder if you are looking at the card and not just buying the first card that comes along. I may want a card in a certain grade, but I am still going to look at the card. If I don't like the looks of it or if I think it is overgraded, I won't buy it.

You really don't care what the card looks like? That seems silly to me. I care what my cards look like. If I was in the market for this card and I saw a centered 6/6.5, I would buy it over this card.
I would think there is a very small % of buyers buying cards regardless of how they look...only for the grade...especially cards like this one. Registry set collectors...may be a different story.

The "market" seems to be correcting itself regarding buying the card not the holder...some lower graded cards...especially if nicely centered are selling for more than their higher graded counterpart...even in PSA holders.

Does PSA suck...YES! Do some people buy the holder not the card...yes...but I think most are atleast looking at the cards and making decisions that they can live with.