View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 06:42 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
The first 2 are
Kevin Keating and Bill Corcoran.
My understanding was Bill had to give up his business but Keating kept his.
No Phil Marks.
But the authentication process is still basically unchanged. They seem to be there only for the older and rarer items . Your ordinary players , including the Ruth's , Cy Young's , Mantle's, Jackie Robinson's etc still follow the same pattern.
I had gotten reliable information that Bill Corcoran had to give up his business and I had not heard about Kevin and Rich having to do so but it seemed logical to me that if Bill had to do that then the others would also.
It seems strange to me that Bill has to give up his business and Kevin and Rich do not.
And are you sure about the authentication process? I would think that Ruth, Robinson, Young, etc. would be the ones that would require their opinions rather than a very occasional Ed Delahanty or Joe Kelley.
If these three are not looking at Ruth, Robinson, etc. then who is? I am sure the submissions of Ruth, Robinson,etc far outnumber the very, very occasional Ed Delahanty.
And if they are only looking at the occasional very rare signature would Bill actually give up his business for that??
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 01-20-2017 at 06:51 AM.