View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Does "caveat Emptor" still apply?

It seems your philosophy is to try to get a deal from a seller, then if it doesn't pan out, you can just ask for a refund.n't "Back in the day" a man's word meant something, a commitment was a commitment, unless an item was grossly misrepresented. If someone does know about an item, and you agree to buy it, even if you are hiding behind your computer and ebay's policy, you own it. If you knew forewell the seller had no idea, coming on here to ask afterwards is cowardice.

You because you can return anything, doesnt make it right. I'm not saying this is the case, but it could be at some point.

I'm not hiding behind any screen. I use my approach to protect myself when buying from "scammers". I have never ONCE in my life, paid for something that was authentic and gone back on my word whether i got a good deal or got taken advantage of. I have actually given more that something was worth in person on a many occasions when I had a store and would buy collections. People would come in not knowing what they had, and I simply did right how I was raised to. I hate taking advantage of people, never have, never will. I saw the hodges gloves going for 1700 on google. He wanted 750. Knowing nothing about it I offered 250 to take a shot. I figured IF I did get burned it wasn't for 750. I then asked for the refund minus a donation which I thought was nice on my part and he obliged. Would I have been willing to lose the 250? Yes. But why lose it if I didn't have to?