View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 05:32 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Now that is hilarious.

I will give you my honest grown up opinion. What you are doing is gambling and when you lose you cry foul. Seriously do you expect to pay 5-8 cents on the dollar for a real item. If it turned out real would you have sent the seller the difference?

I have done the same thing. When I instantly jump on a item at 5-8 cents on the dollar like the glove you purchased and it turns out to be fake. I put on my big boy pants and take the hit like an adult who takes responsibility for his own actions.

If this offends you I can post a picture of a participation trophy and tell you good job.

How is it gambling if I am covered? I simply do not get it? I guess my viewpoint is a lot different than peoples here. The world is changing now guys. I know someone else just said they spent 30 years in the hobby which I commend, but gone is the days when you HAVE to go out to find a item. The internet has connected millions and millions of people who can now share opinions with the click of a button. Whether people like it or not, it's changing. You can actually. It something and be protected by either your credit card company or eBay. Gone are the days of getting burned and having to take it. The participation trophy thing is funny because it explains the world today, however that is the generation below me. We didn't have those when I was growing up, and I didn't have much growing up either but was able to get where I am now by asking tons of questions (like I do here) learning and getting back up (in the hobby and real life). I have the internet at my disposal which many didn't have growing up, but I can honestly say that most the people here have a certain viewpoint because they HAD to do things a certain way growing up because there was no internet. People HAD to travel for information and go places to learn things. I joined this forum to learn which I have been doing. I have spent probably 1000 on books this past year ( from autograph reference books, to pin books to card books etc).
I'm genuinely trying (but in my own way as the times have changed), but for someone that says I need a participation trophy and need to put my big boy pants on is funny). I'm 31, but there are so many big babies in here that are so much older that are just sour grapes. If I had a nickel for every time I've read someone's posts who asked questions on here and was met by a snyde remark I'd have at least 100 bucks.lol seriously this is a hobby and we are all in it together whether you like it or not. My generation is what you are gonna need if you ever wanna cash out of these items you now hold. But people on here need to lose the "condescension approach". Just my 2 cents