View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 07:36 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7imel View Post
I like to come here from time to time and just share my life with you guys...I had never shot a deer before last year. I have always loved the taste of venison but never hunted before but this year I was out of meat so I gave deer hunting a shot. My father in law has a wonderful farm so I set out to get my own meat for the family I think I did good!!! a 300 lb and 16 point buck! This truly a great year for me...Do any of you guys have any great stories about your year to tell?
I am not highly oversensitive so I will say awesome murder. That thing is huge and you did not do good you did GREAT. I am not a big fan of deer meat, don't mind it as much if soaked in milk to remove the deer taste.

I live in a small town of about 13,000 and live in the center of town. It has been around a month ago I was walking out to get in my Jeep with my dog. When I looked up a buck around the size of that one was around 300' away and running directly at us. Luckily my dog never noticed so I got him inside the vehicle before he noticed it. Could see that ending very badly if he seen the deer and ran over to play with it. Anyway this huge buck is running directly at me still and jumping up and down while running. I am looking for a place to run just in case I need to. This huge buck stops just across the street maybe 50' away at most. He jumps straight up in the air twice and turned around and the last I say him he was running across the court house lawn. I have seen many deer around the edge of town but never in the center, it is 2 miles in any direction from my house to the edge of town.