View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 07:09 PM

Default Evolution of the Lacrosse Ball

Thanks guys for your valuable input. I think i've figured this out! I started searching the dimensions of athletic balls and have concluded that a lacrosse ball is the only ball that meets the size and description of the sellers ball. If you search the evolution of the lacrosse ball, I believe you will come to the same conclusion. You will also find a style of horse leather lacrosse ball that resembles todays figure eight baseball. The key to the identification and differentiation is the circumference and weight. On average lacrosse balls are eight inches in circumference. My argument is to pay attention to size of the ball before buying it. Regulations on the sizes of baseballs go back as far as 1857 to my knowledge. I am not saying that all 8 inch balls are lacrosse. What I am saying is that because a ball has a lemon peel stitch or a figure eight stitch doesn't always mean it was used for baseball. In this day of forgeries and replicas, I see buyers get taken advantage of frequently. Too often it is up to the buyer to prove authenticity. Buyer beware is more important today more than ever!
Thanks!
John

See the link below;

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...42059868,d.eWE