View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 08:33 AM
Scott S

Default When is the high bid NOT the winning bid? At Hunt's!

This is at least the second time (possibly the third) this scenario has happened to me at one of Hunt's live auctions.

When online bidding ended on Friday night, I was the high bidder on the lot seen below, at $375 (screenshot from my account). I had a ceiling bid of $500.

Live bidding took place on Saturday, and when I looked later on Saturday, I saw the item sold for $375, so I assumed I was the winning bidder.

When I didn't receive an invoice, I called Hunt's. I was told that in fact I was NOT the winning bidder, that someone in person won the item for $375. I asked how this was possible, and was told "human error" happens in their auctions sometimes and it's inevitable it will happen from time to time.

Seriously?? I'm amazed that Hunt's can continue to get quality items consigned to them, with missed bids like this and small / missing scans on its lots. It's 2016 - this shouldn't be happening.

An investment into a new website could pay itself back quickly from the missed bids alone - if this has happened to me 2-3 times, I'm sure it's happened many other times. I typically enjoy their diverse offerings in their auctions, but their live bidding format is horrible, unless you're there in person, I guess.

Scott S@r!@n
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hunt.jpg (34.3 KB, 598 views)