View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 08:23 AM
Sc0tt Sp@id

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
In recent years, I have bought through ebay a number of vintage card lots from what remained of Renata Galasso's inventory. The cards have all been shipped out of the NY (Brooklyn) area where RG was once headquartered. With these more recent purchases, most all of the cards are "bowed" to some extent or another.

However, back in the early 80s, I purchased multiple bulk vintage lots from RG and I remember there being very little to no bowing to the cards at all. Obviously in the early 80s, RG was moving cards at a much quicker rate so cards did not sit in her inventory as long.

Could the 30+ years that my more recent purchases sat in storage have caused the bowing?...very possible.
Interesting. The 63s from my childhood would have been 13 years old at the time I acquired them (it was 1976). 13 years is enough time for the bowing to occur. For me, I associate high quality with the bowing as I've never seen mid-grade or lower with this phenomenon. My sample size is too small to make any conclusions though.

Here is a link to the original auction of my new bowed 63s. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1963...p2047675.l2557