View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Rob

Default Table Hockey Game

Was at the local hobby shop (i.e. models, R/C, trains, etc) for some paint. The place is old, large, with just tons of stuff. Made a quick sweep after getting my paint and saw an "employees only" room door open. Within view was this 1971 Munro table hockey game. Asked about it and the guy got it out for me to check out. Took it for $20. Box ends are ratted out, but the main box and graphics are ok. The game is in really nice shape. North Stars vs Chicago, plastic players. Only pieces missing are the team flags which are supposed to mount on the gondola, the time/score pieces for inside the gondola, and the puck. For purposes of the pics, I put the nets from my other board on, the nets from this one need some work. No rust on rods, surfaces very solid, all players present, just really nice overall. Shown below are the pics of this one, the Bobby Hull model. Below those are another one I picked up probably 10 years ago (Habs vs Leafs, metal players) that I and my now-in-college son played constantly when he was younger. Love the nostalgia of these old things. Thanks for the look.