View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 07:36 AM
K!ya S@bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULLINS5 View Post
My little brother (29 years old) was recently sentenced to 12 years in federal prison for armed robbery of three banks. He suffered from heroine addiction and believes he would be dead if he wasn't caught. He was a train conductor and made 100k a year, but it wasn't enough. Nobody in the family knew he was on drugs until he was arrested.

As a collector who has been scammed several times in my early days in this hobby, I feel for the victims. I also feel for Rogers because of my personal experience with my brother.

My brother is genuinely remorseful for what he did to the employees and customers in the banks on the days he robbed them. I didn't see anything about Rogers showing remorse for his actions, though I could have easily missed this (please correct me if I am wrong). Other than the victims who would've been scammed in the future, there are no winners here.

This is really interesting to me. I have a similar relation in my life and it made me wonder what these guys would have to do to get back in the graces of society let alone the card community.

What amends or actions would these guys need to take in order to have a second chance upon finishing their punishment? Or are their crimes so heinous that they are beyond second chances. I am really on the fence. I want to have compassion for someone after they served their time, but John Rogers may have irreparably damaged innocent families and therefore if they can never be whole why should he?

JP at Memory Lane seems to have bounced back, would it be possible for Mastro or Allen? IMO the callous and repetitive nature of their crimes should have some lifelong repercussion.