View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 09:11 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
Now that we using $150K as our price point for selling out this break

So the $150K for selling every slot is probably a double which is not outrageous for any company with overhead. I suspect Justin can probably do his percent a bit tighter as his work is probably a leaner operation

So I hope I got my math right this time

What percent would YOU make if you spent about 70K to build a 52 Set and wanted to do a break.

Oh, and as for the comment about how few cards are worth the money -- isn't that the whole point of Power Ball, Mega Millions and all those other lotteries.

Regards
Rich

I agree with you if people wanted to do a power ball, mega million type break then thats for them. So far there just does not seem enough people that want that. Theres a reason instant lotto gives out prizes that are the price of their ticket in addition to the huge prices.

As to: What percent would YOU make if you spent about 70K to build a 52 Set and wanted to do a break.

If you spent 70k on a set card by card and paid the buyers premium etc in order to obtain them, i would expect the original buyer to lose 10-20% on all of the commons cards. Assuming he bought the cards the last few years. If he bought the cards in 1952 he would make a TOOON! Also you would expect to make to make money on the 5-10 key cards if bought them last year or earlier.

If you paid BIN for some of those cards you would lose even more as I am assuming you are paying auction prices.

The set break seller that receives the consigned the cards to do a 'set break' has every right to make money on the venture and can charge whatever they want to make it worth it. Twice the set value may be reasonable. I dont have an opinion on that at this time.

But yes for Lotto type situation its good for those types of people. I know i would be thrilled if i was the one that won the mantle. Ultimately its the people paying for the slots that decides if the price is right i guess.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 09-12-2016 at 09:20 AM.