View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
But just because it's legally right, doesn't mean it's morally right.
So who made you the arbiter of what's moral and what isn't? Just because you don't think it's morally right doesn't mean that it isn't morally right to Colin. You trying to force your morals on others? That's very un-American.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Colin is protesting the police's treatment of men of color. I am with David James on this one. He should be more angry at the obscenely high crime rate that blacks commit. If that percentage was lower, I think the problem would diminish. So how about instead of protesting the police, how about protesting the criminals??? Now THERE is a novel idea!
Wow! This statement is really something. Are you really trying to justify the murder of unarmed blacks and the harassment of blacks by police because of what you consider an "obscenely high crime rate that blacks commit"? Wow, just wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcobb View Post
What aggravates me about this whole situation is at my 13 year old daughters junior high volleyball game last night 2 girls from the team they were playing did not stand for the national anthem. One of the girls was white the other black I don't think these kids should be worried about this at this age. But thanks to Colin more young people are entering into to this anti-american mindset. Needless to say instead of enjoying my kids game I ending up thinking how screwed up our country has become. Sorry for the rant.
Again, I'm amazed. Voicing a concern about the treatment of a segment of the population is an "anti-american (sic) mindset." And by the way, what's with not capitalizing the "A" in "American?" A simple typo or is that some form of protest and you're being anti-American?

To all: just because a person doesn't think like you do doesn't make them anti-American nor does it mean they hate this country. In this case, Colin thinks blacks are being targeted by police and so he protested. You either agree with him that blacks are being targeted by police or you don't. That's all this should be about.

However, I must reiterate, I am really stunned, sickened, and saddened that some here actually agree with Colin that blacks are being targeted by the police but that it's justified by "the obscenely high crime rate that blacks commit."