View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 09:21 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I have told at least 5 people in private messages what transpired with these folks this week with my eBay sale. I was going to keep it a private matter but this appears to be a snowball running downhill now.

I was selling a 49 Leaf Paige PSA 3 on eBay. Obviously a high ticket item. Decided to sell it to defray costs on some other purchases. They were the high bidder for 4 or 5 days at something like $11,300. About two hours before the auction was set to close midday Wednesday I get an email saying "please cancel our bid. Nice card but we don't have the money to pay for it." Obviously this could have caused me real problems. I did cancel it after considering for a while, and the winning bid moved up anyway.

Could this be an honest mistake in assessing the cash flow needs of a new investment group. I guess so. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt having no prior experience. Sht happens as they say. However I won't do business with them in the future.

I hope they are well intentioned and on the up and up about the military service. There a place in hell for scumbags who deceive others about their service (particularly for commercial purposes).