View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 07:12 PM
D@le Irv*n

Was just woken up a couple weeks ago to a very strong smell of skunk urine!!

It was just after mid-night and the smell was overwhelming!

I went outside and immediately heard what I thought was a raccoon climbing my fence and my neighbors shed.
It startled me so I reached back inside and turned on the outside light to see a huge owl (great horned I believe?) fly up to my neighbor's eave trough.

It was dark so I wasn't able to see the skunk innards until the morning, but there they were, just sitting there waiting to be picked up! (Yuck!!)

On my way back into the house with the gut bag in hand, out of the corner of my right eye, I see a skunk laying in my wife's flower bed! It looked like it dived bombed in there as no flowers were flattened? I retrieved a shovel as I wasn't entirely sure it was dead, but sure enough it was.
I then grabbed the tail and pulled it only to see the head completely missing??

The rest of the skunk was all there, only the head was missing so I guess Mr Owl got 2 that night, which would explain the overwhelming skunk smell.

I took these pics a couple years ago ( I live in the city but close to some woods) and I snowmobile in the country which is only about 15-20 minutes away.
First is a large, unidentified bird/hawk which landed in our neighbor's tree. Any idea what kind of bird this is?

This deer pic was taken just off a snowmobile trail I frequent that is owned by the man (Bill Lishman) based on the movie "Fly away home" (Great movie, especially for the kids) in Port Perry Ontario.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui9th4nhvoY

I love the country and being outdoors. Just wish I actually lived there instead of the city!.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1522 (Large).JPG (59.0 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1523 (Large).JPG (52.8 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0596 (Large).jpg (75.1 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0597 (Large).jpg (73.2 KB, 168 views)

Last edited by irv; 08-25-2016 at 07:16 PM.