View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 08:18 AM
Joe Gonsowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
Joe, just checked my coupon accumulation and have a copy of both 1889 Type 2 Type 3 w/ the orange front and blue backs but one with the dates and without. At least that is what I think you are calling the two I have.

The Goodwin coupons are much tougher than the regular A&G, Duke, and Kinney coupons, now I know of a few more to add to the wantlist!
That would be correct Rhett, the 1889 type 2 & 3 certificates have the same orange N173 redemption details on front but have different album redemption details on the blue back. Type 2 lists the availability date for the "Sports and Games" and "Base Ball" albums while type 3 has no dates (presumably due to being issued after the albums were available).

So we now have 3 known 1888 certificates and 3 known 1889 certificates. Interesting similarities between all the 1888 tickets/certificates including the script "Goodwin & Co." and no mention of cabinet cards (although I believe such certificates were issued in 1888). All the 1889 certificates mention cabinets on one side, albums on the other.

So here we have the updated 1888 tickets/certificates followed by the 1889 certificates and the summary.

- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers

Last edited by Joe_G.; 08-13-2016 at 08:25 AM.