View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybestbretts View Post
I find this so funny!!! Being a woman collector, maybe you would like to follow me around at a show. My husband has a lot of fun. Nobody will ask me what I am looking for or what I collect, they ask my husband. I have absolutely no problem being bothered while I look! Wish I had some of those women at a booth at the shows I have been to, at least they talk to you !
I get almost the same thing when I go to the quilt show with my wife. The vendors are more friendly, but there's always that bit of surprise when they realize I actually know something.

Pro tip, some of the tools for quilting are actually pretty handy for woodworking and other crafts.

Did industrial stuff for 11 years, and given the choice I'd take the female salesperson every time. They were simply that much better at communicating Like- they actually did communicate. Price and availability? Get back to you in a bit. Female salesperson that meant a few minutes. Male in new England? Two weeks and they didn't remember what you wanted even though you'd faxed over the part numbers on day two. (Outside new England was better overall)

Steve B