View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 03:17 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
LOL....is this a correction period, or just a simple case of one month of sales from a small group of buyers trying to "pump up" the market that had no legs? I mean, $80,000 for a PSA 8 when, just this past February, this was an $8,000 card???
Good question, and I certainly don't know the answer as this is still all fairly new to me, as it turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
i have a feeling that 80k never changed hands on that card.
How is this so? Not doubting you at all, I just don't understand, especially since it was sold through an A/H, how money was not exchanged when they list it as sold on their website??

Quote:
Originally Posted by begsu1013 View Post
i would have to concur that as well.

but again on the price dips, do your own research.

if you dont think prices dip w all the dealers traveling, folks saving coupled w several other factors....well then, ok.
Not sure I understand what you are saying?

Since joining this site back in January, I have done my best to try and understand the hobby, learn as much as I can, but I see I still have a long ways to go!

From reading about PSA and how they got started (Trimmed Wagner) to Maestro, battlefield on E-Bay and lots of other shenanigans in the hobby, I will say I am somewhat disheartened by what I am finding out on a regular, almost daily basis.

When I got back into this hobby (was never into like most on here to begin with) I was like a big kid again filled with excitement and enthusiasm to try and get caught back up but the more I find out about the hobby, (the ugly side of it I guess?) the less enthused I become.