View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 02:41 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

Default Todays Card Show Report (1 of 2)

Just returned from our local monthly card show, and thought I would share what I picked up. This message includes more common items. Message #2 will include some rare (I think) Phillies items. I did not keep perfect track of what everything cost, but I do know that I walked into the show with $485 and I walked out with $325 so I spent $160 which includes what I spent on the Phillies items.
First up dealer had a dollar box and I picked up a total of 15 cards, these pictured plus seven other 1960 Hi numbers. Dealer sold me all 15 cards for $10. Are you kidding me .66c for a high number Ed Mathews? OK the 1960 Bob Gibson has more creases than I do, but .66c? All duplicates OBC trading material.

$3 1963 Topps Buc Blasters duplicate

1965 Topps "tall-boy" George Blanda SP (TOUGH CARD) cost me $17 it's a duplicate and avail to trade. 1965 Topps "tall-boy" Ben Davidson SP RC (TOUGH CARD) $13 it's a duplicate and avail to trade. Now a couple cards I actually need 1963 Fleer football Nick Buoniconti RC was $20 and a $1 1961 Nu-Cards Horror Monster for my set I'm putting together.

I picked up four "pairs" 1978 Topps cards that are not cut in half. Cost me $5 total does anyone know anything about these? Four total cards I have two with Seaver, not three. I might keep one, but I'll swap the others.

Five Hostess "panels" $5 and a 1962 Topps stamp combo $1. I don't collect Hostess cards so these are up for trade.

Last purchase was a stack of decals that Fleer included with their 1960 1961 and 1962 baseball cards. The blue decals are from 1960 and the white ones are from 1961-62. I paid $10 total for nine of the blue ones and twenty of the white ones which I think is a great deal! 16 different from '61-'62 there is only 18 different in the set! Contact me if you have duplicates to trade!

If I added right, that's $75, meaning I spent $85 on the (rare?) Phillies items I will share in the next post. It will probably take an hour or so to get the next message up.
Larry