View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 01:36 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by begsu1013 View Post
purely for this thread only and to put myself in your boat:

i sold one of my rose psa 9s about 6 months ago for $35k. now that this sh!t is a $80K+ card, do i think there is any freaking way i could get one back @ $40K?

absolutely not.

and it certainly isn't bc of some damn conspiracy.

get over it!

edit: and now im finished, until you can actually state something worth while vs hiding behind informants and whimsical nonfactual nonsense.
IMHO, Bob, you'll be able to get the Rose "9" back within a few years for less than $35 K. You were extremely sharp to sell when you did. I think that what Pete has been saying, as well as numerous others (which I have been largely oblivious to for the last several months due to a veritable avalanche of appellate work), is that the current '50's and '60's market for key cards especially has all of the earmarks of a speculative boom. Various machinations and manipulations have often accompanied such booms. If you want confirmation with regard to what those earmarks are and the fact that the inevitable, ultimate result of such a boom is a bust within a rather short period of time, I suggest you read the writings of the eminent Q. David Bowers on collecting and investing in rare coins, a collectible field which has been organized for about 120 years longer than ours, is quite similar in many respects, and for the most part has already experienced the very same trends--sometimes many times over (just a few examples: TPG, and the ultimate recognition over time of the extreme rarity and desirability of variations, such as different backs in T206, the M101's, and '55 Exhibit Postcard Backs, and the thought expressed several times and often subject to widespread belief that the market was fully priced). Bowers has been involved in coins since he was a teenager in the '50's as a dealer and collector, and is beyond reasonable dispute a well-recognized expert in the field. He has exhaustively studied collecting trends and is frankly the most knowledgeable individual in this area I, as a devoted student of collectible fields, has ever become aware of. Let me end this post this way: Your recent CJ Jackson purchase is likely a lot safer than the supposed value of a PSA 9 Rose!

Best wishes to both of you,

Larry

Last edited by ls7plus; 06-16-2016 at 01:58 PM.