View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 07:29 PM
Mike Lenart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksabet View Post
I found mine in a shoebox just yesterday. My parents moved us from Buffalo to Miami. My mom and siblings went ahead, but I drove down in the U-Haul with my dad. I was 7 years old and mustve had 30 cans of Mountain Dew on the way down before years later my parents realized just what poison they fed their son. Spending two days with your old man in a moving truck is a treasure in itself for a young kid.

Anyways they bought me a half dozen 1983 Topps Rack packs to open on the way down. First pack first card was Paul Boris. Not sure why this card has stayed with me for over 30 years while every other card has come and gone but its still here.

True story...the card behind Paul Boris? Tony Gwynn but who cared. I had Paul Boris!
I went to college with Paul at Rutgers. He was a friend of my brother and they were 2 years ahead of me. Had lunch with him there numerous times and followed his path up the ladder in the Yankees farm system and then the trade to the Twins and his eventual trip to the majors.