View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 02:46 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scocs View Post
I was hoping someone would make a This is Spinal Tap reference. You could always call the card "None More Mint.

I guess part of my resentment/sarcasm comes from the fact that many of us have bought into the idea that there is something better than mint, like the cliche of giving "110% effort."

These are pieces of paper when it comes down to it -- there is no intrinsic worth, unlike gold. Just because someone bought a mint Bradshaw rookie for $50k and another bought a gem mint Ozzie rookie for $33K doesn't make them WORTH that much money. When two more Smith 10s are slabbed and another five Bradshaw 9s are slabbed, will the value tumble like it should....? But these are investors playing with Monopoly money here, not collectors.

In the end, does it really matter that you have the #1, #3, or #6 set on the PSA Registry....? It's like a bunch of middle school kids except they're using real cash.

Scott Segal
IMO PSA is going to contribute to the madness by not slabbing any more. Since a 10 is an arbitrary grade anyhow, not hard to bring that about.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-15-2016 at 02:48 PM.