View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 06:22 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Sounds like you did ok, had fun, and came out fine with PWCC. Thanks for the update. There is no doubt most of ebay auctions are ok (to me) but there is also a lot of nefarious activity going on too. It's sort of a mine field but it's also a good time to be in the hobby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZernialFan View Post
Here's my two cents on PWCC. That was my T206 Southern League sub-set break up that was just sold on PWCC. Most were Old Mill Backs. I did not post the sub-set on Net54 but offered to a couple people and a local guy near me. I even offered to one guy at a small loss to what I had in it. Seems most want you to give it away. Took the risk and gave to PWCC and was pleased at the results. No really big $ cards, but big to me in total. I did not not bid on any of my cards nor did any of my friends. Some sold for more than I had in them and some sold for less. In the end it came out on the plus side enough to cover the fee and leave me with a small profit. It was fun putting together, but time to sell considering I'm in the process of buying a house. If you consider that PWCC's price in total for the sub-set could be close to "Market Price" than the others that it was offered could have had it at a bargain. I can understand shill bidding on 1 card like a Mantle or Cobb, but it is hard to believe Brent can handle a big stable of people shill bidding on all the quantity of cards he handles month to month. Sorry for the long...........but there were bargains on some that I lost $.

Thanks for reading,
Charlie