View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 10:04 PM
Mark Medlin

To further my post above, if you truly want to make certain there are absolutely no improprieties then cost is involved. Additional staff and procedures. These would drive the cost up and result in higher fees and likely less material offered to sell due to the decreased net return. We can't have our cake and eat it too. If you want a stream lined organization that has a low cost structure and gets material out of the woodwork then you will have the risk of being shilled. If you want to remove all risk then cost could increase due to less available items on the market.

I am in no way condoning shilling nor am I condemning it. It is a fact of life. The best way is to set a price you are willing to pay for an item and don't breach that threshold. Period.

If you compare other industries that have setup regulations to avoid graft, it is almost always at a cost. I don't believe this is a problem we can ever solve globally due to personal greed. I am a firm believer the only thing you can do is to manage your own affairs and have the personal wherewithal to stay within your limits.

Mark Medlin