View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 06:44 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball tourist View Post
I like your style Irv!

Perhaps not a surprise to some, I am looking to ask Graig to paint a Toronto Blue Jays image. I grew up in Toronto and have been a Jays fan for 40 years (my Dad took me the team's first ever game in 1977 - i will post pics of my ticket stub and program when my belongings arrive); and worked at the SkyDome/Rogers Centre for over 15 years.

I love baseball. If it's Miami at Milwaukee - and I'm in town - I'm there! Slugfests, pitchers duels, extra innings, Spring Training....love it! I love the sights and sounds, the smells, the cadence of the game and the history.

While there are dozens of paintings of Graigs that I would be humbled to own and each portraying a subject from the pantheon of baseball - Ruth, Aaron, Gerhig, Robinson, Mays - amazing, but when I ask myself these questions - "Can I have a Yankee, Red Sox on my wall and enjoy it?" or "What connection do I have to Mathewson or Cobb?" - I answer "no" and "very little". I know that it may not be a popular choice - but it has to be a Blue Jay. Best part? Graig is into it too!

I have a short list and would love to hear the board's feedback. If you know of any other angles of these images pls share. Likewise if you think Dave Stieb's no-hitter should be considered - I'm all ears. If you hate the idea, that's OK too. I'm a big boy. I can take it.

Joe Carter ends the 1993 WS with one swing. I was there!

Let me hear ya!
Lots of great choices out there, Chris, and you and others have shown many great options/pieces, but my personal choice would be the one I posted that you commented on.

I wrote some time ago, that if I won, I would choose the 1958 Topps Mantle/Aaron Batting foes pic, but then it got me thinking, has Graig painted any Jay's players or Jay's moments?

Picking any pic from their world series wins would be awesome, but picking one from their first would be best imo.

Not an easy task, but good luck.

(Just some more to look at https://www.google.ca/search?q=toron...sAQIGg&dpr=1.5)