View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 11:28 AM
Ed McCollum

Default Numbers 289, 290 and 291 are back with the others

and a great surprise with number 289.

John Taylor at TnT Collectibles near Pittsburgh has been the source of quite a few cards over the years. A couple of weeks ago, we had a miscommunication over a card, and after a series of emails, he just went through his current inventory and found all the cards he had that Howe had stamped, made an offer and sold in a group rather than go through the auction process on eBay.

When the package arrived today, there was a great surprise with the Jordan card, as it has Howe's "other" stamp, using his first name Urich, and listing him as an agent for the Saturday Evening Post, but still with the home/grocery address listed. Like the other two I've seen and been able to acquire, the stamp is in green, which doesn't seem to hold up as well over time (the others are quite faint also) but really is a wonderful surprise to have arrive.

John had told me the Myers stamp was really strong, and he wasn't kidding on that, either.

photo 289 Jordan Front_zpszfsjjcyc.png  photo 289 Jordan Back_zpspexy5jnm.png

photo 290 Myers Front_zpsaxihm4bt.png  photo 290 Myers Back_zpswiqitqs5.png

photo 291 Pelty Front_zpsiouzqr6m.png  photo 291 Pelty Back_zps5nve5dmu.png

Again, thanks to everyone on the board for keeping an eye out for these. I really appreciate it.