View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 06:14 PM
Dave_Berg

Default OT- Ebay positive outcome

I thought I would post a positive experience with Ebay as a seller involved in a dispute. My first one. The point being that Ebay doesn't automatically side with a buyer, and with my case apparently actually reviewed the case and made an objective decision...quickly.
In mid March I auctioned a non sport related item starting at .99 cents. It was won for $500 or so on a Sunday evening. 5 days later, no payment so I messaged the winner that the item was packaged and ready to ship. I heard nothing so after 7 days I sent another friendly reminder. He messaged back something about Paypal holding his funds and asked if MO would be ok. I told him I didn't care, and would ship immediately after funds received. After 14 days and no payment I messaged him that Id need payment within 48 hrs or I would be filing a nonpayment with Ebay in order to get my fees back. Within an hour he paid via Paypal. I shipped item next day USPS Priority box with tracking and insurance. Delivery was confirmed on March 20th. I heard nothing ( including no feedback) until today ( April 7th) when I got a message from him thru Ebay resolution center stating he had not received the item and could I provide proof of his signature upon delivery. I answered back thru the resolution center that USPS has confirmed to Ebay and PP that package was delivered to his address on March 20th and Im sure Ebay would be reviewing that fact, as well as our previous correspondence. Within 10 minutes I received a message from E bay that they had sided with me, would not allow him to leave feedback and would release the PP funds back to me within 48 hrs.
Victory, yes. More importantly Ebay actually thought thru the case and didn't rubber stamp a Buyers action