View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 06:31 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampsfan View Post
Absolutely. Although we Canadians are a small percentage of sales, there is plenty of discussion on this subject on Canadian boards. The question always arises about whether US sellers are aware of how outrageous that program is, and whether they know it affects sales for them.

Personally I have more wants than money. Therefore if I see a listing with a (typically) outrageous shipping charge, I simply move onto another listing.
I don't believe most of them know how expensive it is? Like I have mentioned before, they likely just sign up as sellers and choose Global as shippers and not give it another thought?

I wrote a guy just last night, as I have a few times now, and this is typically their answer. Most are surprised and a few don't even bother replying.

"Hello ... Thanks for the heads up. I was NOT aware that the eBay GSP was so expensive! I just tried to modify the shipping for this item but there is no option for removing the eBay GSP. Perhaps because the item ends in a few hours. If it doesn't sell I will relist without the GSP. Sorry about that. I just didn't know. Thank you. xxxxy."