View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 10:02 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
Should auction houses honor all items that accompany their own LOA?

First let me say, a Letter of Authenticity from an Auction shouldn’t mean squat! Big conflict of interest.

Here is my situation:

Auction House A - I purchased an item, which came with Auction House A’s Letter of Authenticity (I didn’t purchase it directly from the auction house). Once I received the item, I did some research. Long story short, I was able to prove the item wasn’t used by the player (confirmed by the player himself through Steiner). In addition, someone’s handwritten name was found on the item (somewhat difficult to find and see, but is there). I contacted the auction house. After providing solid proof, they refused to deal with me because I didn’t purchase the item from them. So I then asked them if the winner of the auction contacted them, would they honor a refund. They said no, because the auction was from an old auction (can’t recall how many years) and they said they still stood by their LOA (even though I provided them solid proof from the player). After numerous and frustrating emails back and forth, they actually got someone nasty and then eventually ignored me.

Auction House B – Almost the same scenario, except I was able to provide proof to Auction House B that the player never wore the number on the uniform they sold. Auction house B wouldn’t work with me since I didn’t purchase the item through their auction. However, after contacting the winner of the auction (who sold the item to me), and conversations between them and Auction House B, Auction House B ended up refunding the $1,500 to the winner of the auction. The auction ended 10 years ago, and the refund happened last year.

If an auction house puts their LOA on an item and sells it, they should be held 100% responsible and accountable for it, no matter how many years have passed if proven fake or not authentic!

I think theres probably a statute of limitations...murder i know there is no statute of limitations i dont think a fake Wade Boggs signature for example gets the same treatment but there should be a decent period of time..