View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 04:30 PM

Bill, I join you as an old movie buff. I love CASABLANCA as well. There's a string of Humphrey Bogart movies that really do it for me, beginning with THE MALTESE FALCON. In fact, just last weekend, Turner Classic Movies was putting on a very limited screening at selected theaters nationwide of the 75th anniversary of THE MALTESE FALCON. A theater in Mishawaka, Indiana was one of those chosen for the screening, and my family and I went to see this classic on "the big screen" last Sunday evening. What an immense thrill! With the strong connection to chapter 13 of my forthcoming book, it was all the more compelling.

As someone intoned, though I have mentioned this other consuming passion in the past, as if anyone would really recall or care anyway, I love fine 1/43rd scale models of cars that raced in the famous 24 Hours of Le Mans, in France. Ditto for some racing sports cars from the period of 1938 to 1973. The passion for both niches is lava hot, and began prior to collecting any baseball cards. I am extremely selective and picky. I have to be, if I still wish to pick up a vintage or modern card of a retired baseball or hockey player I particularly cherish!

Really, this is a very worthwhile topic, as it helps to expand our understanding of each other, and a glimpse into our own personal world of who we are individually, aside from our passion for the pasteboards portraying a sports hero!

Cheers! ----Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 02-28-2016 at 06:53 PM.