View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 12:02 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
i think it's interesting a bunch of y'all want this thread put to rest...or moved. SERIOUSLY? This is the biggest news(even though we knew it was happening prior to "the list") whether positive or negative to hit our beloved hobby pretty much ever.

Does this discussion make some of y'all uncomfortable? If so...WHY?

Ya...I'd much rather look at countless threads of fake wagners and 52 topps mantle cards.

SERIOUSLY?

Pete - I understand your point of view. I guess I am just (or only) uncomfortable with this subject because I have not (to my knowledge) been a victim of such misdeeds. I'm a small time player in the hobby so perhaps that is my 'protection'.

The notices of fake cards are usually very helpful even though the two cards you mention will always be out of my reach (damn powerball quick pick).

Having a thread entitled '...list of criminals...' takes a lot of the 'gloss off the apple' for me, but I realize it's better to wash anything before you eat it.

Anyway...it's raining today and I'm just looking for sunny days with high skies and a gentle breeze coming in from left.

Ah yes, the eternal hopefulness of Spring...

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente