View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 12:21 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeck100 View Post
If oil goes to $15 the stock market will easily be 20% lower from here. The stress the meltdown in the commodity markets is causing in the credit markets is freighting.

There are so many factors that go into card purchases and sales and I think what is more important is who holds the cards and how impacted they are. If for example you have an energy executive whose net worth has been decimated and their future earnings potential impacted they may be forced to sell with no desire to.

Clearly there is a hot money in cards at the moment and no telling if prices start to fall if they will rush for the exits. The card market is very thin and all it takes is a few key buyers to leave the scene and prices can soften quickly.

The other major caveat is a lot of people are tired of the wild gyrations in the stock market and look to collectibles as an alternative asset class and if their economic situation isn't impacted it may have no impact on their physcology.

This is a tough call and something where hindsight will be 20/20.
As we all have seen even in a healthy market...there is buyers remorse/scared on bigger cards that we see bought, then on the market yet gain very fast....some may be trying to get a quick buck but its tough to do that when selling in the same year on 30 day auctions when you are hoping basically the underbidder on your auction will pay more than you did 3 months ago or a whole new person shows up even though a 30+ day auction usually is enough time for anyone who would of been interested to see it...yeah prices change but when I see the same card bought for 4000 for example and then for sale 4 months later at another auction (and not at some BIN preparing to wait years to get a higher price) i assume there was some buyer remorse/scared in that later decision

the stock market getting crushed would seem to add to the relisting of some of these cards .....

plus with such high card prices recently, why not take a almost sure chance for major profit..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-15-2016 at 12:22 PM.