Thread: HOF results
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 02:44 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I very much doubt Sheffield ever gets in even if they start inducting roiders.

I think Bagwell, Sheffield and Sosa would get in because while there was only speculation, none ever failed a drug test or were otherwise suspended for same.

Palmeiro, Ramirez, and Rodriguez were all suspended for PEDs, while McGwire got caught with some in his locker (funny how he never got charged for anything, but the known presence of the stuff in his locker put him in this group). I think McGwire skated at the time because, admit it, we were all caught up in that HR race. I was really more offended by his lying to the Maris family.

Bonds and Clemens are a more difficult discussion: Both were arguably the best players at their position well before 'strange things' started showing up. Neither was ever convicted of using PEDs, although if you want to believe in such, no one would be better prepared to have the finest 'masking' product available.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente