View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
right the OP doesn't think that it is possible that the card can get bid up for its own merit...its a waterfront property type of card..the POP really thins out at PSA 5 and higher.....that's my argument as to why the card is being bid up....but Im an idiot to think its not being shilled...

we can give facts about what the last sales were and that its blowing them out of the water and would make no sense for it to be shilled....and talk intelligently....so far I have been provided very useful counterarguments if that entails name calling.....ill all for discussing intelligently the pros and cons.....
I agree with your train of thought on some cards hitting extraordinary levels because of what they are, similar to waterfront property. I have always been fine with paying record amounts for gorgeous cards. I think the best looking specimens do the best over time. If the Green Cobb with the huge borders, shown in this thread, went to auction it too might fetch a record price. Shown all of the time but relevant, I am sure this was a record paid for this E90-1 Young when I got it recently, but it still didn't hit my max bid. Some cards are almost mesmerizing. Those are the ones that get record prices. The PSA 8 Mantle on the bay is that nice too.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pe901youngpsa2a.jpg (77.4 KB, 829 views)

Last edited by Leon; 11-08-2015 at 12:12 PM.