View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Maybe I'm just sensitive or something but this is the type of thread that drives me freaking crazy on Net54!

We have someone actually starting a thread about something he likes and is passionate about (he collects Phenomenal Smith and has a Facebook page devoted to him) and on top of that the thread has nothing to do with T206 cards, which I as a non-T206er I really appreciate. The response from Net54... the card sucks, sucky player, faded Old Judge cards are stupid and are worthless pieces of cardboard from the 19th Century, Not an extreme rarity so it sucks, etc. etc.

No wonder people leave this site w/ a sour taste in their mouth sometimes, seriously we need to lighten up people I just don't really understand all the negativity! This is not a great way to keep people interested in our hobby. Not everyone can afford the super nice, the extremely rare, etc. Is this the greatest Old Judge card ever made? Of course not, Smith is not the hardest to find Old Judge player overall but is also not an extremely easy player either, he has some cool background history, his portrait is one of the coolest cards in the entire set... this thread could have gone in many directions but we ended up where we did. Again, I'm probably just being sensitive (see disclaimer below) but it does annoy me how we are as a community. Go ahead and tell me how wrong I am I just felt the need to share (probably a mistake).

Full disclosure: I am the seller of this card & completely biased!

Fuller disclosure: I don't care if I ever sell it as I like the card and don't mind keeping it forever, to the guy making a joke about the card having gone up in price since the thread started...??? Thanks for throwing that out there, I'm sure it was supposed to be a joke but I really appreciated that insinuation a lot!

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562