View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 09:54 AM
marty quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
Since you asked, here's my 2 cents worth. The '52 Mick has 2 corners that are rounding. Centering is nice and the color looks good and strong. I just don't see a 6 or an 80 for that card. The Robinson card has sharp corners, and I am a corners guy so I love the card. The color pops, however IMO what holds the card back is the tilt at the top of the card. I do not see a diamond cut, but the card seems to present an optical illusion that there may be a diamond cut. Both sides and the bottom appear to be uniform without tilt though. There also appears to be some off colorization at the top right corner on the white border.

Nice cards, good luck with the auction!
Thanks for the input, but this is sgc's nm 7 grading scale....70/30 or better centering. Slight wear on some corners, minor scratching, some print spots or speckling, and print lines and refractor lines are acceptable. Card may exhibit a slight skewed diamond cut. ...........

Ok, if the card has what you say it still falls easily in the nm range, matter of fact if you read the nm+ or nm/mt scale it can fall there also, same with campy.....this is why grading is so far apart, the card isn't diamond cut, it's skewed, I see cards from the 70's that are skewed. So this doesn't have an optical illusion, even with these 2 imperfections it should not be a 5.5 my opinion, but you think the 2 imperfections might be enough to knock it down, that's your opinion, wich in all honesty both of use aren't wrong, just differ on the punishment for the card. Wich is perfectly fine. Astute collectors will either pay for a 5.5 or pay more for the eye appeal of a 7, or something close, I'll know in a few weeks,,,,either way it is what it is as they say....