View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarlowe1 View Post
I know this thread is intended to be a display of everyone's really nice old stuff, so I thought about this for a while before posting further. But, by my count this is 3rd time you have posted the claim that this is for sure an 1874 NA ticket, which would be to say the least an extremely rare item. I guess it could be considered progress that you are now saying that you don't have "iron clad proof," but that misses the point which is:
there is absolutely no logical reason to think that this is an NA ticket.
Mark,
This is going to be my last post on this topic as well, and it is as you said, an opportunity to share nice old stuff. I don't want this to get into a pissing contest, because I don't really believe anybody likes that kind of thing. I have always enjoyed your posts on net54 and I have no issue with you personally and I truly believe that you bring value to the net54 forum.

FWIW,I sincerely don't ever recall stating that the ticket is "for sure" a NA ticket. When I purchased it originally, I did believe that it was (at least that was my thought process up until your post).
What I did say when you questioned me about it is that I believed it was from the NA White Stockings "to the best of my knowledge". You made the point that it likely wasn't because of a couple of factors. OK, fine. It's not the first time that I've been wrong and certainly not the last time I'm sure.
It's OK to question a person's perception of reality if you believe that it should be reconsidered & I have.

Please don't make it sound like I have done this through conscious misrepresentation, because it was never intended that way.
Enough said. Peace, out!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 09-04-2015 at 11:49 AM.