View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 05:25 PM

My guess is that the Gretzky Wagner will begin to taper off in value, perhaps with its next sale. But, I've felt this way about vintage cards generally for some time due to aging baby boomers (like me) and possibly a general economic downturn [This is not intended as a political statement in any way, just a fearful concern.]. I suspect that the facts don't (yet) bear me out on this but don't follow auctions closely enough to know.

Can't help but weighing in on music reference. Just to show how musical taste is so subjective, and with all respect (seriously) to others, I've never been able to develop a taste for heavy metal (or rap for that matter). It seems to me that pop music, with some notable exceptions (Avett Brothers, Mumford & Sons), has been heading downhill since the 70s (Springsteen, Doobies, Elton, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel, et al.). On the other hand, some music strikes me as timeless (Ahmad Jamal, Leadbelly, lots of other jazz and blues).
Never much cared for most classical music either although many folks I respect (including my wife) think most highly of it.

Last edited by mark evans; 08-22-2015 at 05:29 PM. Reason: needed a comma