View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 05:47 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

[QUOTE=BobC;1443146]Tom,

Yes, I saw that also there were multiple bidders above the final price that Leon's W511 cards achieved. That is what didn't make sense and why I brought it up. I was wondering if there was some credence to the point one person made about the auction getting better results if a different AH were used. It certainly isn't a PSA versus SGC issue as I wouldn't call the W511 cards a normal set that someone would try to establish as the top set on the PSA registry. And besides, PSA only gave it an Authentic grade whereas SGC gave both of Leon's cards a numerical grade.

I'm guessing the Ebay bidders were possibly not bidding in the Heritage auction, or even aware of it. I am sure there are a lot of people that bid on Ebay that don't use auction houses because they either don't know, or don't care, about the AHs, or may even figure that they would pay more through an AH what with the buyer's premium and such that usually gets tacked on to the hammer price. In this case, it turned out to be just the opposite, and only three days after Leon's auction ended!

Sometimes Ebay gets bidders who dont want to wait months on an auction..and Paypal by credit card is a lot easier than sending a check in the mail....