View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 09:02 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
Do you at least acknowledge the information regarding asking price could be misleading as pointed out in my example? It's a yes or no question, no need to qualify your answer with anything more than yes or no.
Its not misleading..its an Asking price....you can look at other sources , are Buy it now prices misleading on ebay? or past sales that say 'best offer accepted' and we see the asking price but dont know what it sold for?'

So ebay has a million times more traffic on their 'best offer accepted' when look at past sales....you do see the asking price.......basically i am saying its already a very very very common practice to leave up the asking price....like ebay.....things tend to be more misleading when its not a very very common practice.

here is an example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Topps-W...item3cffeaf5a9

is anyone mislead about this mays having a list price for $3824...and best offer accepted...how the heck is it misleading? If someone tried to sell me the same card for $6000.00, i would find it useful to know that the asking price on the same card was $3824...maybe it sold for that..maybe it sold for $1000 less...but the sold listing including the asking price (but not the sale price) isnt misleading..

if the past sale just said 'sold' and didnt have ANY price..i dont see how thats better.....if i paid $6000 for that card convinced on what the seller told me and then I listed it at auction and got $3500.00 i would of wanted to see that asking price....yeah you have to do your homework on buying a card that is expensive...but again seeing 'sold' allows for a future seller to be misleading. I dont think sellers are misleading but just showing you that worrying about the aksing price being misleading isnt anything to be worried about versus what else it out ther

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-15-2015 at 09:12 AM.