View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 11:20 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Interesting full faith and credit implications, or at least issues concerning interstate commerce. If seller is lawful owner under his State's law, does buyer's State have to recognize the sale as valid if it would otherwise not be? If any buyer in the chain of title after thief lived in a State that recognizes a BFP as having a valid interest, are all subsequent States where buyers reside bound to that same determination? I've actually got to go bill some time now, but crackerjack researcher and scholar Peter_Spaeth no doubt will have an informed response upon my return
For these very reasons, and the fact that we have a Uniform Commercial Code, I very much doubt the law varies according to state. But I am not going to research it any more than to note a quick google search reveals a scholarly article stating the principle I stated as the American rule.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.