View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 08:05 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Do you want to save $1.83?

If you are a "Luckey Collection" collector, please disregard this thread.

But if you are a "beater" collector on a budget, who likes his cards raw, keep reading. If you are not spending an arm and a leg for the cards that you buy and eventually sell, the post office may be able to help you with your bottom line. This tip was mentioned here in passing initially by "buymycards" Rick on the board and it really does work. Yeah, it requires a little extra work on your part to ship an ungraded card, but if you are shipping a lot of cards valued at $15 or less (or even more), the $1.83 savings begin to add up.

So what the heck am I talking about.

You're selling a cheap card and you and your buyer don't want to spend $2.54 to ship it.

First find an envelope that is larger than a toploader.

Place the card in a penny sleeve and put it in the top loader.

Find a piece of cardboard the thickness of the top loader and cut it to the size, or slightly smaller than the envelope.

Put the top loader on the cardboard and trace around it.

Cut out the toploader plug from the cardboard and place the top loader in the defect. Secure with a couple pieces of tape.

Place it in the envelope. As long as the envelope is less than 1/4 inch thick, it will ship for 71 cents.

If you put only the toploader in a larger envelope, the post office may put it through the shredder. The firm envelope must be hand stamped.

This has worked fine for me and I endorse the technique. i discussed posting this with Rick and he said go for it. I promised to take the "heat" for posting it if he promised to take the "kudos".

And to reassure celoknob, the Scoops buyer, and mybuddyinc, the Perdue buyer, a full refund is guaranteed if it doesn't work.

I'm sure they will give a Rebel Yell if it doesn't.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shipping ungraded.jpg (49.9 KB, 352 views)

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 07-12-2015 at 08:24 AM.