View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 03:05 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Wherever his target was, that pitch was only 6 or so inches off the plate, not a foot as someone said. Watch the replay. Again, it was a breaking pitch that had little or no break, but the point is barely relevant. The rule is what it is. He could and I believe should have had it enforced.

And if Pittsburgh wants to get in a beanball war then I hope they go for it. Dbacks fans lost Goldschmidt for a 1/3 of last year as a result of Pirates pitching--pitching that led the league in batters hit by a wide margin. Then we had to listen to whining about retaliation for hitting McCutcheon, who later was determined to have been hurt on a fielding play and not the HBP. What little national attention and goodwill that Pirate team is drawing will go out the window if they want to make much of a deal out of this or anything else. So yes, get Cole all warmed up--I'm sure you'll get Matt Williams' attention--and see how that ends for the Bucs.
A pitcher doesn't throw the ball "over the plate". He hits spots.

I am the one who said a foot. Actually I said 18 inches. I said that he missed his spot by 18 inches. May have actually been more. It was an awful pitch and he cannot blame anyone but himself. He has said pretty much exactly this since then.

On a night of amazing pitches, this one was terrible.

Tom C