View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshchisox08 View Post
I believe in almost everything said here and can compare it to another situation/rivalry.

White Sox/Cubs & Yankees/Red Sux

Cubs fans talk a wholeeeeeeeeeeeee lotta shit. There are people who literally are artists and draw sketches of Ventura blowing Reinsdorf. That's a little bit much don't you think ???

Red Sux cried and cried about the Yankees spending all this money and they went and did the SAME exact thing and it's ok for them to but not ok for the Yankees ?????? Red Sux claim to be so clean and I don't care what anyone thinks NOBODY will change my mind about Ortiz. He is a juicer and DID get a pass. He has a HUGE mouth and is NOT a HOF. Nevertheless to get back on track they talk shit just like the Scrubs do. They make their distasteful meme's about the Yankees just like the Cubs do about the Sox (white).

Cubs and Red Sux are far from what I'd call model fans and certainly shouldn't be looked at as anything close to it. The funny thing is there are two types of Red Sux fans.

1) Real ones who follow them and have been following them for as long as they've been into baseball.
2) 2004 bandwagoners who only watch them when they're playing well (and trust me there's a WHOLE LOT OF THEM).

I feel like the same thing will happen with the Scrubs. They're playing well and if they ever pulled off some miracle and won even a Pennant then there will be two types of Scrub fans.

Leon you can delete at will or tell me to calm down I tried to keep it as tame as possible.

I fall under the group that has been a Cub fan since 1969. Been to Cubs camp 5 times and many retired Cubs are personal friends including Hundley, Big Lee Smith, and Fergie Jenkins. I take my team very seriously and am with them Winning and losing. I have family and friends that are Cardinal fans and yes they tend to go overboard on their gloating. Example calling the Cubs the scrubs or completely useless by September and all the bad jokes from the fans. I still call these folks friends and family and I do not take it personally. even if overboard, it is all in good fun and part of the rivalry. I can't tell you how many times I have deleted Cardinal fan cub trashing posts gloating about how great their team is. I just keep on deleting and dishing it back. If I took it personally I could drive myself crazy but not worth it.

Last edited by kmac32; 06-18-2015 at 09:46 AM.